Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Fun at froggie island

The Lord knew I needed a day like I had yesterday.  The weather was beautiful, my boys were happy and there was no major fire I had to put out.  While the boys are at school I work like a crazy woman to get all my work done so when they get home from school we can relax.  Because I am home with them after school our house has started to become a good "stomping ground" for friends - especially Jay's since he's older.  This is a good thing!  I enjoy getting to know Jay and Nick's friends (along with their parents) and when they are at my house I know exactly what they are up to.  Hee, hee!   On nice days the boys like to go to froggie island.  It's an area around our lake that is filled with........Yup, you guessed it, FROGS.  They have also been known to catch turtles, fish and check out the big find below, craw-dad! 
Check out Jay's shirt.  Somehow I get his clothes clean every night.  I have a high efficiency washer that has a sanitize cycle.  It is a 2 hour cycle and it does wonders to mud! 
Here's my Copper girl!  She is just one of the boys!
This might be my favorite picture.  The boys all headed home with their fishing nets and buckets.......happy from playing in the water and mud!
The big find........a craw-dad!  Nick found it and Jay's friend caught it.
All the boys & Copper putting their "finds" in a bucket.  Jay likes to admire them for 24 hours and then he puts them back in the lake.
The crew!
A glimpse of froggie island. 

No comments: