Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Broken

I have two very active boys and things just happen but lately they have been happening more and more.  Things are getting broken all the time.  Let me start with just a short list.  The boys were bouncing a ball in the foyer (which they aren't suppose to do) when they chipped the light in the foyer.  We have hanging lights above our dining room table that again got subjected to a bouncing ball.  Instead of having 5 hanging lights, we now have 4.  Our living room furniture is completely trashed.  It is torn and the stuffing is coming out it.  And that is the short list. 
Mike and I are constantly tripping over shoes, toys, and yes balls too.  You literally can't walk 20 feet in my house without tripping over something my kidshave just left laying around or finding something they have broken.  It's funny how as a family you come full circle.  I find that things are going nicely........for awhile and then my kids decide to "add some flare" and suddenly things aren't running smoothly anymore so we have to meet as a family and re-establish the rules and boundries.  It's like the blog post I wrote over a year ago........The calm before the storm.  Every family goes through calmness........some less than others and Yes, I'm specifically referring to my family and then the storm hits.  The good thing is I hope we are teaching the boys good communication skills and I'm so glad I have the Lord on my side.  I am on my knees praying a lot lately, asking for forgiveness because I know I'm making a million mistakes and thanking Him for the confidence He must have in me.......after all I'm raising Jay and Nick, ya know? 

No comments: