Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Girls, Girls, Girls

Well it's official.  Jay likes girls.  No worries, we never had any doubts but up until this point his love of hunting, four wheeling and getting dirty trumped any girl.  But recently there has been a shift.  This shift has involved more communication and lots of grins from Jay.  He came home from school last week and announced to me he was "dating" someone.  I about fell over from shock that he was sharing this information with me (because with Jay giving birth to him was easier than getting information out of him)  until he finished his sentence with "If I tell you, you can't put it on facebook."  Ahhh, now there is the Jay I know and love.  I promised to not put it on FB but instead told myself I'd put it on my blog (ha). Just tonight I laid out shirt for Jay to wear to school the next day.  Jay announced to me it was an ugly shirt and he wasn't wearing it.  I asked him, "Since when are any of your clothes ugly?"  Jay's response, "Since girls started liking me."  Oh boy.  Jay has a grin that gets you every time (just like his dad).  One day when he really meets "the one" I pray she notices that grin and that it gets her, honk, line and sinker but until then I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that this newly found interest in girls prompts him to wash his hair every night without being reminded five times.

No comments: