Sunday, March 17, 2013

Our weekend without Mike

 The Ausili kids spent their spring break in TN so Mike Ausili and Mike left to retrieve them on Thursday night.  Now I admit when Mike is gone for any length of time it is really not so enjoyable to me.  I love my boys and wouldn't trade them for anything but I think that's why it's so challenging when Mike is gone - I have boys!  I really have to plan things out and I make every effort to stay really busy.  This weekend - success!  On Friday night we have Jay's Blue & Gold Banquet for Scouts.  This is his last year of Cub Scouts.  He has chosen not to cross over to Boy Scouts.  On Saturday we went to the gym and my mom joined us for her first experience at Bass Pro Shop.  Mike got home early on Sunday morning after driving all night (crazy man).  Faith had knitted the hedgehog (above) during her spring break and gave it to Nick - so sweet.  She is one in a million, love that girl.  Nick happily named him Hedgie.  On a side note, Mike was "welcomed" home with another job.  It wouldn't be a typical homecoming in our house without something breaking.  Mike was home for less than 12 hours when Nick flooded the upstairs bathroom.  I was the first one to hear water dripping in our bathroom downstairs.  I thought someone had left the water in the sink running.  No such luck.  Nick had so much water it had leaked through the floor and was dripping out of the downstairs door frame.  Now all we have to do is wait a couple days to see if mold shows up.  If it does then Mike can add another job to his already HUGE list - remove dry, fix mold problem.  Welcome home, dear.

No comments: