Monday, March 4, 2013

Our spa weekend

 My mom had one request for her birthday.......that Kim and I not buy her a gift but instead put our money towards ourselves so we could spend the weekend together at the spa.  It was so fun.  We shopped, ate and Yes, drank and we turned into noodles after our massages and our feet are all set for spring....if it ever gets here.  We all agreed it was a tradition we should continue every year.
 Our favorite girl, Leslie, joined us.  She is one of my mom's closest friends and she tutors Nick and has been instrumental in helping him this year.  Plus it was Leslie's birthday on Sunday.
 Okay this pose may be a little much but just to state the obvious from the picture, I got a hat!  I don't do hats or rather hats don't do anything for me but we all agreed this hat rocked!
 Kim and I at the end of the night........we rented a small condo and it was heavenly - other than the fact I had to sleep with my sister on a pull out bed.  It's funny how sleeping situations with your sibling can take you right back to your childhood.  Kim has learned, however, I draw the line at sharing a bed with her big stuffed bear, Molly, that she's had for 30 some years........Needless to say Molly has seen better days.  And Yup, I was still wearing the hat.
The four of us at dinner.  We are all trying to watch our weight but we failed miserably this weekend.  But hey, it was my mom's and Leslie's birthday........we celebrated!

No comments: