Thursday, April 25, 2013

15 years..........

Today Mike and I celebrate being married (relatively happy I might add) for 15 years.  When I look at the above picture I think we sure looked young.  Mike was 25 and I was almost 24.  Of course Nick had to comment that we both look bigger now than we did then.  That's what a mortgage, full time jobs and two very active boys will do to you......gain weight and in Mike's case hair loss.  Our first year of marriage we lived in the same apartment building as Mike and Jenny and boy did we have a good time.  It was a great first year of marriage.  Since that time we bought our first house, remodeled it from top to bottom, built our current house.......and yes we're still finishing that too.  I have changed jobs and of course we've had two very adventurous little boys.  Mike likes to say we were both just plain stupid until we turned about 30 and had two kids and then we all of the sudden got wiser.  Ha!  I do think there is some truth to that though.  Mike and I are different in many ways but where it counts we stand shoulder to shoulder.  My mom has always said we bring out the best in each other (thanks mom).  Life with Mike is never boring.  He can make me laugh like no other.  We've had some stretches when married life wasn't so jolly but even during those times I always knew his love was steadfast and solid.  And as we parent together I am in awe of the father that he is.  So here's to another 15 (plus) years..........

No comments: