Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Da boys...............

 These days the boys are busy outside.  The weather is starting to get nicer and both boys spend their time outside, in the mud.  It makes for some very dirty laundry but they love it.  We've recently redone Jay's room.  He picked a hunting theme.  All that is left is to make his log bed.  He has a desk now so he's officially ready to start middle school (even if mom is not ready).  I so enjoy Jay's sense of humor.  The other morning as we were leaving for school I told Jay I had to go to a factory to inspect a machine (for a claim I have).  Jay didn't miss a beat and said, "Good luck with that, mom," knowing full well that inspecting a machine is way out of my comfort zone.  Ha!  He's funny, bright, athletic and I'm slowly starting to see him apply some of his dad's problem solving skills.  However, Jay still has a lot of his mother's "good enough" attitude.  He loves the outdoors and anything that has to do with guns or hunting.  He, Mike and Nick will spend hours at a gun range.  Another outdoor favorite for both boys is to get their chest waders on and head to the lake.  Jay comes home muddy.  Nick comes home soaked.  It doesn't seem to matter that it's April and it's cold!  Jay spends a lot of time with his brother and I really try to point out to both boys that although they are very different personality wise, they enjoy the same things and they need to learn to appreciate their personality differences.  I pray their interests will forever keep them close.
Nick is my silly boy!  He produces huge belly laughs from us as a family on a daily basis.  His one-liners are hysterical.  He's pretty much a happy go lucky child but the kid can complain like no body's business.  Mike says he gets that from me.  He has a hunger to learn and he catches onto things fairly quickly.  School does not appear to be quite as challenging for him as it has been for Jay but time will tell on that.  Nick too loves hunting, guns and anything that has to do with outdoors.  He has shown an interest in drawing but that's kind of taken a back seat since the weather has gotten nicer.  Nick is organized and has a good attention to detail - probably something he gets from Mike.  Ha!
Both my boys are the light of my life.  I'm very blessed that God choose Mike and I to raise them.  When I think of how my life has turned out thus far I am amazed and know God had a hand in everything.  I almost see it like a domino effect.  I was blessed with an amazing mother who I have learned so much from.  I went off to college and Mary Fox landed right in my lap (almost literally).  Mary introduced me to Mike.  Mike introduced me to Mike and Jenny Ausili.  Mary Fox, my husband and Mike and Jenny Ausili are four  pivotal people who has helped shape me in my adult life.  If I hadn't of married Mike I doubt very much that I would be living in the country.  I absolutely love living in the country and I know this is exactly where God intended me and the boys (all 3 of them) to be.  I'm very thankful.

No comments: