Monday, April 1, 2013

Conversations with Nick

Since Easter was yesterday - Happy Resurrection Day - death has been on Nick's mind.  Tonight as I was putting him to bed he asked me point blank, "So Mom when you die, do you want us to bury you or burn you?"  I told him I would be dead, that he and his brother should do whatever they want with me and whatever makes sense and is the least expensive (see my good enough personality coming through even in death conversations).  Nick thought about it for a minute and then said, "Well if we bury you I would get you a big headstone (knowing Nick probably the biggest one in the cemetery, something so eye catching that it would prompt conversations with people passing by) and I'd visit you but if I burn you I'd place you in a bucket on top of the fireplace so I could always talk to you."  Despite the morbid conversation, it provided some good entertainment and Mike and I were "dying" laughing about it later.  Leave it to my 6 year old little Nick to be thinking about these things!

No comments: