Saturday, July 27, 2013

My random likes

 I am liking that every 6 weeks or so my mom, sister and I get together without our kids.  Just the three of us.  We so rarely get to enjoy each others company when the kids are around that our girls nights out are much needed and appreciated.
 After going to the winery and dinner with my mom and sister I came home to find this beautiful rainbow.  I really liked this!
 This is really one of my top likes.........Nick and Lauren getting along.  If you look closely at Lauren's hand she is holding a pink camo paracord bracelet that Nick made her (more on the paracord bracelets further down).  Lauren was thrilled with it and Nick was pleased.
 I like that my sister and Craig took Jay hiking today.  Lauren and Luke went to hang out with Craig's parents and Jay, Craig and Kim drove about 1.5 hours and hiked the day away.  My sister has really felt disconnected from Jay the past year.  He's at that age and she is busy with her own kids but I know it's been hard on her.  Recently Jay got texting abilities and no one has been happier about it than Kim.  Kim and Jay have been texting daily.  It's cute.  Jay had such a good time today with his aunt and uncle and I really like that!
 I am really liking these new paracord bracelets the boys are making with Mike.  They are really cool.  Check out my pink camo paracord key chain Jay made me below.

 I like the fact that late this afternoon Mike got the boys started on a project - that they are actually engaged in (now I really like that).  They are building themselves wooden stand with small holes in it.  They plan on positioning these stands in their trails for their air soft gun "wars."
Here's Nick working away.  There is a lot of drilling going on at my house.  On a side note and without pictures included.  I am really liking the crop dusters right now.  I am enjoying the cool/October like (yes I said October) weather and I'm really loving the sweet corn right now!  Life is good.

No comments: