Sunday, July 7, 2013

Our week

I wasn't sure what to name this blog.  I thought about "My Rise & Fall," or "Two close calls."  It has been quite a week at our house.  First I am guilty of sometimes biting off more than I can chew.  I can hear my husband in my head saying, "Ya think!!!"  I love having friends and family in and out but we are also a family that completely shuts down when we take too much on.  My boys are home bodies and my husband likes a clean and organized home - which takes us being at home to achieve.  When I take too much on it makes everyone cranky - me being at the top of the list.  So my rise was that I had so much fun taking too much on but my fall was when I realized I had taken too much on and I was just worn out & everyone was short tempered and tired!!!  I have banned sleep overs for the rest of July.  Ha!
This week Jay accidentally knocked over a highly flammable bottle of gasoline and about set himself and the house on fire.  That was a "good" day.  Then last night Nick was taking Curtis for a ride on his four wheeler when he accidentally flipped his four wheeler and the handle landed on Curtis' eye.  Thankfully he was okay but both boys were shook up and Curtis now has a shiner on his eye.  Nick felt terrible and both boys had the same story and Nick was not messing around but it was a good reminder as to what can happen on a four wheeler and I've gotten rather relaxed about wearing helmets.  Needless to say the boys will be wearing their helmets from this point on.

No comments: