Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Lauren's 6th birthday - American Girl Style

 My 2 lbs niece turned 6 yesterday!!  And what a sweet and fun 6 year old she is!  Yesterday was all about Lauren and she loved it.  My sister, my mom, myself and Lauren's other grandma and aunt all took a trip to downtown Chicago to The American Girl Place.  We had so much fun and speaking from a mother of 2 boys.........I sure did enjoy the girl time.  That store was unbelievable.  Had the American Girl store been around when my sister and I were girls, my mom, sister and I would have loved going! 
 Mike and I got Lauren her bed (behind us in the pic) for her American Girl. 
                                                                My sister and her girl. 

                                                         Lauren and her Aunt Mindy.



 Lauren picked "Caroline" as her doll of choice.  She wanted a doll with long hair and my sister wanted a doll with hair that was easy to manage........don't all girls want that?  Ha.
 My sister's best friend, Amy and her daughter, Avery came to join us.  They live in Chicago so it was convenient for them to meet up with us. 
 American Girl even has their own restaurant..........Al the waiters are decked out in pink aprons.........Hey, real men wear pink, right?  Our waiter was great.  He told us a woman recently came to American Girl to buy her first doll and to celebrate her 100th birthday.  Clearly you are never too old for an American Girl.  As you can see Caroline joined us for lunch. 



Happy Birthday, Lauren.  Thank you so much for sharing your special day with me.  I sure had fun and I loved spending the day with you.  You are a sweet, funny, thoughtful and energetic little girl.  Love you to pieces.........

No comments: