Monday, December 9, 2013

Sibling "love"

Recently there was an "incident" between the boys (imagine that?) that required Jay to write an apology letter to his brother.  Nick has the letter hung on his peg board so he can be reminded that although his brother may be a jerk (Nick's most favorite descriptive word for his brother) at times, there was one time he was truly sorry.  Doesn't every younger sibling need that reminder at times?  The letter goes like this:
Dear Nick:  I am very sorry that I was mean to you.  I also forget that you're younger than me and I think you are stronger.  I am sorry that I tried to make you eat the dead frog.  I am also sorry for making Copper lick you.
Personally the dead frog part is what really gets me laughing.  I remember there was a time when I made my sister drink milk but it was "spiked" with elmers glue. She in turn got sick and my mom was completely baffled why Kim was throwing up.  Bless my sister's heart, she stayed mum about it.  I'm sure there are details to this story my sister can remember better than I.  Whenever I inflicted terror on her she always seems to remember more of the pertinent details. 
So at age 39 (my sister is 35) my apology letter to my sister would look like this:
Dear Kim:  I am sorry I was so mean to you growing up.  You were such an obedient little sister and really went along with my show most of the time.  You are a wonderful sister, aunt and mother.  I am blessed to have you as my sister and be able to spend time with you and form a relationship with my niece and nephew.  For all those times I mistreated you and made you drink the elmers glue milk I am truly sorry............but just be thankful I didn't force you to eat a dead frog.  Just remember it could have been worse.......I could have been your older brother.  LOL! 

1 comment:

The Stille's said...

Don't forget when you threw me against the bed and my inner ear started bleeding or when you shut me in dark closets!! Well I guess I forgive you.... Especially since you didn't make me a dead frog