Sunday, December 15, 2013

Our very busy and very snowy weekend

 Friday night started with Nick's basketball game.  The relentless snow cancelled Jay's game.  The Ausili's came out so we could celebrate Mike and Jenny's birthdays.  Mike turns 41 on Dec. 19 and Jenny turns 41 on Dec. 21. 
 It started snowing late in the afternoon on Friday and snowed all night.  It was a winter wonderland on Saturday.  Mike spent the morning snow blowing our drive. 


 Nick brought home his class pet, Carmel, the hamster.  Copper was fascinated by her.  Carmel was not amused by Copper.
 Nick made this artic habitat for school.  He finished it this weekend.  He researched how to make snow in the internet and wa-la......his artic habitat is complete. 
 My grandparents came for a visit this weekend.  My mom's entire family came and we all celebrated Christmas together. 
                                      All the great grandkids.  We are missing three of them.
                                                     My mom and her oldest grandchild, Jay

                                    My grandpa sharing a story with his great grandchildren.
                                                                   Me and my sis
 On Sunday we did our 2nd annual socks for seniors.  My friend, Laura and I do this together.  We delivered socks to my dad's nursing home and we sing carols.  I think the residents really enjoy it. 

Nick's friend, C., was Santa this year.  Nick opted to be a reindeer.  Here it is Sunday night and I can't believe it's Monday tomorrow.  Where did the weekend go - fast that's for sure. 

No comments: