Wednesday, October 20, 2021

The end of the 30 days


 I'm writing this bright and early before I start my work day, hoping that my mind might be fresher.  I am loving these fall mornings and my daily routine that goes along with it.  Notice my fancy coconut cream whip with a sprinkle of pumpkin spice on my coffee.  I'm obsesssed with it.  This week will conclude my 30 days of no TV, no alcohol and no social media. My church will also wrap up its "On Purpose" study.  I have loved everything about this study and although I don't have the big idea that I had hoped for, I have still learned so much, mostly how much I can actually accomplish through and with God.  I can do nothing on my own.  

This morning as I prayed I was a wee bit frustrated with myself, frustrated that I hadn't latched on to something to ask God for.  It's entirely on me.  I'm pretty confident God would have lead me and answered my prayers had I placed something, anything at His feet.  A few of my friends have come up with ideas that I absolutely adore and I am genuinely excited for them and hope I get an opportunity to help them launch their big God dreams.  For now my prayer remains simple; light a desire in my heart, God and then help me to grab onto it and guide me, knowing and trusting He can do far more   

During certain seasons of my life I have often felt like God has prepared me for something before it happens.  I'm at such an interesting season of my life right now.  I feel good, mentally and physically.  I've finally settled into my new job (even though I'm not crazy about it).  My oldest son has moved out of the nest.  Mike is nicely settled in his new career endeavor and Nick's 16th birthday is on the horizon.  It has occurred to me that maybe I don't have this great heart desire for a big God dream right now because my service is to my mother.  In any case I'm really content right now in all things, big and small!     

No comments: