Monday, February 16, 2009

The Nerf Gun

Sometimes are parents you make some really poor decisions. Yesterday & today was one of those days. After Jay put half his money into savings he had $40 he could spend himself. Yesterday, before we even left the house he said he wanted a nerf gun. I didn't think anything about it. It was his money and if he wanted a nerf gun, then so be it. We got to Toys R Us, purchased the largest nerf gun (the $40 one) and came home. When we got home, Mike reminded me that he had gotten a very similiar "nerf" gun for Christmas. Plus, something else that didn't occur to me (but my husband was so kind to point it out to me) was that Jay was probably going to use Nick as his target. I also realized when I got home that I didn't purchase batteries for the dumb thing.
Today is a new day so I went to Target to get 6 "D" batteries. I picked the boys up from daycare and is always the case...I get in the house and everything goes crazy. Nick is asking me for a drink, Jay is obsessed with getting the batteries in his gun and I'm trying to unload the million bags from my van. Jay and I tried unsuccessfully to get the batteries in the gun. Jay is almost in tears and I realized that I should have never mentioned that I bought the batteries. Mike got home from work and immediately had to spend about 20 minutes fixing the damage that Jay and I had done. When will I ever learn?
Oh and as I finish this blog my husband just nailed me with that gun.