Saturday, July 25, 2009

At the Siebert house, when it rains, it pours

Here is a preview of how my weekend started. When I got off work on Friday, I went to meet up with Mike and the boys. When I pick Nick up, he clearly has a fever. Jay just got over strep throat so I figure it's better to be safe than sorry so I run the boys across town so Nick can see the doctor. The doctor tells me his throat is fire engine red with puss all over it (gross) but the strep test came back negative. Meanwhile, I get a call from my dad's nurse and he can't move his legs so they are calling 9-1-1. My sister and take all three kids and meet the ambulance at his apartment. Our husbands are gone so Kim's mother in law agrees to watch all three kids, one of them being sick, while Kim and I go to the hospital. Once my aunt got there, my sister and I left for the evening.
At 5:30 this morning I heard Jay screaming from his bed. Turns out he had a raging headache with a fever. I gave him medicine and both boys slept until 9:30 this morning, something that NEVER happens. So, here I am at 1:30 on Saturday with two sick boys. Oh Yeah, the doctors office called this morning and Nick does have strep so thankfully he is being treated for that. My dad is still in the hospital and they don't really know what is wrong with him. He is having a procedure done this afternoon. And on top of this, my mom is really sick. I mean really sick. I can't remember a time when I've seen her this sick.
Hopefully, I'll have better news to report early next week.

And one last thing.........stay tuned, Jay has to have his tonsils out on August 13.

No comments: