Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Summer.....What Summer?

This has been the strangest summer I can ever remember. My kids but especially Jay have been sick a lot this summer with illnesses that ranged from strep throat to plantar warts back to strep throat and did I mention strep throat again? And the weather has been the strangest of all. It has been the coldest and rainest summer. The good news is I haven't had to run my AC much, the bad news is my tan (wait, what tan?) has suffered. I know that every summer I complain that it went by way too fast but this summer has passed me by with record speed.
Christy, my daycare provider, is starting a new job next week. So, I think I've been anticipating that event all summer which has also contributed to summer passing me by so quickly. Nick will start at a new facility/preschool on August 10. I know he will do just fine once he transitions but Christy is and has been one in a million to my family! And I'm anticipating Jay getting his tonsils out on Aug. 13 and then school starts and we go full swing! Ahhhh the month of August.....Let the fun begin.

No comments: