Monday, July 20, 2009

Stay-Cation

I'm off this week, well sort of. I'm working tomorrow and Friday. I'm enjoying some down time with the boys. Today, I had a glimpse of what it would be like if I didn't work, at least in the summers. The boys slept in and I took them out for donuts. I was able to take Jay to his tutoring session (Kim usually does this so this was a treat for me). While Jay was being tutored, Nick and I spent some time in the discovery room at the library. I took Nick to his new school so he could meet his class-mates and his teachers (he starts his new day-care/preschool on Aug. 10). It all went well. We then went to Kim's to swim and now were at home relaxing, while Nick takes a nap.
I never like to put much thought into what it would be like if I didn't work. The reason being is because it's pointless. I will ALWAYS have to work. I am really fine with that but I'm disappointed that I didn't get the teaching "gene" like my sister. I would make a deal with the devil to be able to stay home during the summers. I simply don't have it in me to teach. I'm not sure I have it in me to be the business world either but that's what I've been doing and what I've known since I got out of college. The business world has been good to me, I just wish it came with the perk to have my summers off!

No comments: