Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My Sister

My sister is the best. As the older sister I know when we were little Kim looked up to me but trust me the roles have reversed. Kim rocks! She is the most hospitable person I know. What admire most about her is how many friends she has and her friends LOVE her. I can't count how many times she has introduced me to new friends she has made. And all her friends are one in a million! Her friends have become my friends.
She is s also the best aunt ever and I don't hold a candle to her. I don't say that as a "poor me" statement. Kim didn't have any kids when I had kids so she devoted a lot of time and attention to my boys. I am not able to spend as much time with my niece, Lauren, but it certainly doesn't make me love her any less. Every Thursday this summer Kim keeps Jay for me. She coordinated his tutoring and transports him. In addition, she spent hours organized his school work so I can do it with him at home. She asks for nothing in return. Thankfully, Jay has proven to be a huge help with Lauren this summer and Lauren and Jay ADORE each other. There have also been many times I have felt so beaten down with Jay's learning abilities and Kim is there to pick me up. She ALWAYS points out what Jay is doing that is positive. Kim, I love you and being your sister is truly one of my life's greatest rewards!

2 comments:

Steph said...

Aww! That is so sweet Amy! Brings a little tear to my eye that my sisters don't live close to me. And you are so right---Kim, you do rock!!

The Stille's said...

thanks sister....I love you!!