Thursday, February 10, 2011

Conversations with Nick

Remember the scene from the movie, "Jerry Maguire," where the little kid asks Jerry if he knows what the weight of the human head is (at least I'm pretty sure that's the question he asked) and then he goes on and on with other questions and talks A LOT! Well that is my life....with Nick. Don't get me wrong I truly love it. I am blessed to have two sons and to put it very simply one likes to talk and one doesn't like to talk. I often joke that giving birth to Jay was easier than getting information out of him but Nick..........he just says whatever is on his mind and he's not shy about it either. Before I go into this story I have to announce that I'm an aunt again. My sister had Luke Edward on Feb. 9. I'm over the moon with my two boys, my niece and now my nephew, Luke! I'll post pictures soon but right now he's a little peanut (4lbs) and can't be out of the nursery at the hospital. Anyway, tonight we were at swim lessons when Nick starts telling this woman that he's going to give all his Thomas the Train stuff to his cousin Luke and then to top it off he says, "Yeah cuz my cousin, Luke came out of my Aunt Mimi's tummy." The woman had a sense of humor and did laugh. After swim lessons Nick and I were driving across town. Out of the blue Nick says, "Mom, it's not safe to live with alligators!" Really Nick is it because they have GI-NORMOUS teeth?
Since we do live out of town I am usually in the car with Nick a good 30 minutes and let me tell you........one never really knows what he'll say next but it's always entertaining!

2 comments:

Nathan and Megan said...

Congrats on becoming an Aunt, again! That is awesome! SO looking forward to hearing all the my boy has to say as he grows up.

Katie said...

Crack me up! He sounds a lot like Holden. The kid can come up with more questions, thoughts, stories, (true and make believe), and ideas in a matter of seconds than I can all day. Car drives are a real trip...! Congrats on little Luke!