Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snowtorious B.I.G.

The blizzard of 2011 came to central Illinois on Feb. 1. My employer released people to head home at 12:30. I was relieved because I never like taking my personal time for bad weather but certainly on Feb. 1 I needed the time to get home especially since I live out of town. Mike and I got home - well kind of, more on that later - we got dinner made and lost our power at 6:30 p.m....I knew as soon as we lost it we would be without it for the long haul and sure enough it was exactly 24 hours!!! I felt like I was in a bad dream. The only fun part was we set up sleeping bags (picture above) and Mike lit a fire so we could keep warm. But let me tell you when I got up on Feb. 2 and made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for breakfast I was so done with the whole "Abe Lincoln living in a cabin" thing.

I have SO much more to blog about but I need to organize it and not do it at the end of my day. As I'm blogging now it's 8:30 at night and I'm just kind of done for the day - ha - but stayed tuned. I promise to blog more this weekend.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I love that four or five of my blog friends have the same or similar titles as you! ;) I can't imagine being without power that long! Yuck!! At least you have a working fireplace. We have not had ours cleaned since we moved in, something I want to remedy soon. Glad you survived Snowtorious BIG. Hoping it thaws by June?!