Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The big announcement

I have worked for the same company for 16 years. In one week I'll be 37 years old and during the last six months I just haven't felt the right fit with my company. However, that being said I've been a loyal employee for 16 years. This is the company that not only gave me my first professional job right out of college but hired me while I was in college to work part time, truly a blessing. Bottom line, this company has been good to me. But today I resigned. My last day with the company will be May 20. If you would have told me even six months ago that I would do something like this I would have told you you had a screw lose. Now don't worry I didn't resign from a job without another job. Last week I accepted a position with another company doing the exact same job but there is one major perk to this whole scenerio, I will be working full time from my home. Life sure comes full circle because this is truly a blessing as well. I am excited for this opportunity and have done my homework. My brother in law use to work for this company and spoke very highly of it. Additionally, he still has friends who work there who also speak highly of the company. The last three weeks have been a whirlwind but never has there been a doubt that I was doing the right thing. I prayed the Lord would make it crystal clear what I should do and every door continued to open for me so I walked through them. I am proud of myself for "stepping out of my box" and getting this opportunity. I am excited to be an employee of this company and I am sad to be leaving my current company, especially the amazing group of women I work with. Stay tuned, more to come......

3 comments:

Nathan and Megan said...

CONGRATULATIONS! That is awesome. Full time FROM HOME?! Wow. Can't wait to hear more!!!

Katie said...

Wow! Good for you! Working from home will be wonderful for you and your family! Can't wait to hear more!

LOMO Family said...

Congratulations! So excited for you!