Sunday, May 1, 2011

Nick, penguins and giraffes, OH MY!!!

Since Jay turned 5, we have done something special for his birthday. Since this was Nick's 5th birthday and he has an April birthday and he LOVES penguins and giraffes I figured it would be perfect to go to the St. Louis Zoo on his birthday. He loved it and I have to say the penguin exhibit at the zoo was incredible. It made me fall in love with penguins. When we were there I mentioned to Nick that penguins really are the perfect animal and he couldn't have picked a more perfect animal to love and his response was simple, "Yes, I know!"




This picture cracks me up. Let me tell you the story behind it. We were having a terrible time finding the giraffes. We had made a huge circle and kept coming back to where we started. We knew the giraffes were there but we were getting frustrated. The picture above is Nick sulking because he thinks we are never going to find the giraffes.


But Wa-La, we found the giraffes and I had a very happy 5 year old!

2 comments:

Nathan and Megan said...

Happy 5th Birthday, Nick! Love the sulking photo :) As soon as I WRITE the rest of the story, I'll post it- HA! Better get on it, huh?!

Katie said...

Awww, glad he had a good bday! Isn't the STL zoo's penguin exhibit the best?! And CRACK ME UP at his cake!!! A giraffe and a prisoner?! I love how kids all have their own special little personalities and interests.