Sunday, May 8, 2011

One grouchy mother

This is going to be one of those blogs where I'm just gonna real. There is no sense in trying to play if off like I had a good Mother's Day because I didn't! My first clue that things were not going to go well happened about two days ago when I asked Mike if he had taken the boys to get me anything. His response was, "When have I had time?" To his credit, he has a point. He's frantically trying to build my office for my new job. But I was a little disappointed. This morning when I got up both boys gave me their crafts they made at school - which I did enjoy and since I try to find the humor in everything I did get a chuckle over the keychain Jay gave me spelled, "Grate Job." After the gift giving, it was all down hill. Jay was irritated that I was making him go to church on Mother's Day - heaven forbid. It was the same ole song and dance - I'm the worst mother because I make him go to church and he hates going to church anyway, blah, blah, blah. I was just hoping to avoid the same song and dance because it was Mother's Day. We get to church and during a few of the hymns I see Jay - out of the corner of my eyes - putting his hands over his ears, laying his head down on the next pew - Oh Yeah, it was really delightful, however I choose to ignore his ridiculous behavior because he was at least being quiet and sitting sit. I ditched my "lovely" children after church and head to brunch with my mom and sister which I was looking forward to. Turns out my sister's Mother's Day morning wasn't any better than mine. When she arrived for brunch I asked her how her morning went and it was like lighting a fire. At one point during the bruch while my sister was going off about her bad Mother's Day, my mom pointed to herself as if to say....."Hello, you two girls are ruining my Mother's Day now." We didn't stop though, we kept up our ranting! So once it was all said and done my sister and I basically ruined the brunch my mom was really looking forward to and I could tell she was annoyed with us. She forgave us but like she said, "it wasn't exactly what she had envisioned." After brunch I spent my day being a total grouch and "thanking" Jay for his lovely behavior that morning that put me in a bad mood which in turn made his nana annoyed with me. Now that the day has ended I just have to shake my head. I'm ready for a new day tomorrow and I apologized to my mom for being such a brunch time grouch. Better luck next Mother's Day.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear that Amy! Hope you have a better week. Have been keeping up on your blog but have a hard time commenting on it all. Looking forward to SUMMER! Good luck with your new job!!!
ps. Maybe someday you can look back and laugh??????

Steph said...

Crack me up! I just posted my comment as Travis. WHOOPS!

Nathan and Megan said...

Amy: I am SO SORRY to hear that. Doesn't that just totally stink?! It is ok to be real & rant. When Reddington was 9 days old it was Valentine's Day & I got NOTHING. I was DEVASTATED. Nathan's response was "I didn't think we were doing gifts" REALLY?! I just gave birth to your son, haven't left the house in 9 days , & have gifts for YOU. I cried for like an hour & I still don't think I'm over it. Guys just don't get it sometimes! Hope your week is better. I assume the hubs thought your office was your "Mother's Day gift" ?! What was he thinking?! LOL ;)