Thursday, May 5, 2011

Wait for it

I was going to post more St. Louis pictures tonight but instead Jay gave me a good blog title. I'll post more pictures this weekend. I know I have written this before but Jay's former daycare provider, Christy Kelson (we love Christy!!) once said that Jay's unsolicitated displays of affection got you everytime and it's so true. You never know when Jay is going to "dish it out" but when he does, you just melt. With Jay you really have to wait for it. This week at dinner when I told my family I had given my boss my resignation (my boss whom I'm worked for for 13 years) Jay asked me how she took the news. I replied she seemed shocked, supportive and sad all at the same time. Jay said, "I can see that mom, if you worked for me and you were leaving, I'd be sad too." Once again, you have to understand, Jay also could have said, "Well why the heck would she be sad?" Then tonight he and Nick were fretting over what to do for me for Mother's Day. I told both boys to not sweat it. I suggested Jay write me a note with the reasons he loves me. I fully expected a lot of eye rolling but instead he said, "That would take me too long, mom, because I'd have pages and pages of reasons why I love you." He said it so sincerely and I was truly touched. I pray that Jay one day finds a woman who gets him and appreciates his quiet nature. Jay is so much like his dad. I remember once my mother in law told me that Mike is not going to go on and on and gush all over me but that he's loyal to the bone. Mike and Jay have taught me that as long as I wait for it, they come through everytime.

No comments: