Friday, July 15, 2011

I am thankful.........

for carefree, summer nights.  We had one of those nights tonight.  We grilled burgers and hot dogs then my good friend, Laura, called and we joined her at the beach.  Our kids played then we rode our bikes to her house to roast more hot dogs and smores.  We had so much fun we lost track of time.  The boys and I rode our bikes home in the dark.  We loved it.  The evening ended with the boys having a "sleep over" in Nick's room. 
I remember my summers as a child quite vividly.  My sister and I hung out friends and ran from sun up until sun down.  My boys have a network of friends around our neighbor.  Jay is the oldest but he doesn't even seem to mind.  I know my boys have had a good summer day when at the end of it they have sand stuck to their behinds from playing at the beach, dirt under their nails from playing in the mud and sweaty hair from just playing hard. 

No comments: