Sunday, February 19, 2012

Our weekend

Our weekend was spent much like the picture above of Jay - relaxing.  It was the first weekend of no basketball (basketball season has ended).  Jay is cuddled up under the blankets, watching a movie on the portable DVD player, eating strawberries (although you can't see them) and just relaxing.  Our house is also a balmy 70 degrees thanks to the fire Mike had going all weekend.  When our house gets to be 70 degrees it feels like a heat wave to us and I feel plain ole lazy.  It doesn't hurt that the weather has been beautiful.  Jay and I got out and took a walk today.  Nick has been sick today.  He's really not feeling good so I'm hoping he turns a corner tomorrow.  I got in a much needed and over due visit with my good friend, Karen and Mike got in some guy time at a gun show with his friend, Mike Ausili.  Besides Nick being sick it was a really nice, lazy weekend - just the way I like 'em. 

1 comment:

Katie said...

Awww! Moms are the best! I still always wish I had my mom to help me out when I am really sick now as an adult. All 3 of my boys (Jay being the 3rd) were sick all weekend. I find that I have endless patience for my sick little boys, but ZERO for my sick husband! He is whinier than both of the little ones combined! HA!