Friday, February 3, 2012

Swollen & scabby - Gross!

This is going to be one of those me being real blogs!  I am 37.  I'll be 38 in May and let me tell you I have never battled so much with my complexion as I have these last few months.  Honestly my skin has always been a problem but it's like I turned 35 and my face/zits decided I needed a little more excitement in my life or something.  I began having problems BIG TIME in June.  I thought it was because of my job change and perhaps initially it was but my job is not stressful and considering I'm a good 9 months into it, I'd say it's safe to say I've settled in.  Plus - and this may be too much T.M.I. - but I'm not on the pill anymore which may be a good or bad thing, who knows.  I've been off the pill since May so again my body has had plenty of time to adjust.  My morning and evening routine consists of washing my face, cleansing it with a special acne cleanser and then attacking the problem areas!  It's a full time job - seriously!  I never thought I'd spend so much time on my face.  I've been known to drive the boys to school without my foundation on.  It is not a pretty sight.  I usually have scabs on my forehead from zits that are drying up - I'm just saying - or I have big red ones that are big and swollen starting to form on my chin.   Just this morning I woke up and had a new one on my eye lid!  Yes, my eye lid.  I mean really who gets zits on their eye lids?  Clearly I do.  I look like I have a growth of some sort on my eye lid that is only made worse by trying to cover it up with make up.  The whole thing is sort of exhausting and down right depressing!  I'm slowly coming to terms that this may be something I will have to battle from here on out but that along with my weight battle is really kind of a pain! 

No comments: