Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A boy & his dog

Our new puppy, Copper, is settling into life with two very active boys.  She is the perfect fit into their craziness.  This particular blog is about Jay.  Nick loves Copper too but Jay is over the moon for her - probably for a couple of reasons.  Jay has been wanting a dog since he was Nick's age and Jay is an animal lover at heart.  He takes after his Grandpa John.  I remember reading Jay the "Shiloh" series when he was in second grade.  Shiloh is about a boy and his dog.  In Jay's world he is Marty and Copper is Shiloh and those two are two peas in a pod!  It gives me great joy to see Jay with this dog and know his heart is full of love.  It's also a good lesson in responsibility.  I'm glad we could finally make this possible for our family.  The timing was right and thus far Copper seems to be the perfect fit into our family. 

1 comment:

Nathan and Megan said...

I love this post! I do think that a pet is an excellent way to teach responsibility. Reddington would love one but I know that now is not the time. I bet it's nice not to be the only gal in the house :)