Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sunday night bedtime

We have a Sunday night ritual in the winter, we all go to bed insanely early!  I usually have Nick in bed by 6:30 and Jay in bed by 7:00.  I was sharing this information with my sister recently and she couldn't believe I got my 10 year old in bed that early.  I told her that for some reason Jay never questions it.  It's just what we do on Sunday nights.  My sister still couldn't believe it and pointed out that Jay is 10 (for heaven sakes) and can tell time - how does he go to bed at 7:00 without noticing it's 7:00?  She had a point but because he never said anything about our early Sunday nights I didn't say anything......until tonight!  I was getting Jay tucked into bed tonight when he gazed at his clock next to his bed and he noticed the time.  "Mom, it's 6:52!"  I must have looked like a deer caught in headlights.  He had never questioned me before on his early bedtime on Sundays.  I quickly responded that it's Sunday night.......didn't he know we always go to bed early on Sundays?  It's just what we Sieberts do.  He wasn't buying it and he wasn't happy that at 10 years old he was going to bed at 6:52.  Thankfully that was the end of the conversation and I'm happy to report it's 7:20 on a Sunday night and I'm sitting in front of a roaring fire, blogging and my kids are sound asleep.  Dang, I'm good!  LOL. 

No comments: