Friday, February 1, 2013

A sweet spot indeed

Recently it occurred to me what a sweet spot my family is in right now.  I don't have any babies in the house, no toddlers and no teenagers.  I know many people long for babies after their babies aren't babies anymore. I'm not one of them.  Sure I loved cuddling my babies and I enjoyed the stage when I was going through it with them but do I want to go back?  No thank you!  I really enjoy the stage my boys are in right now.  I am loving their independence but I also love they are still young enough to cook them breakfast and enjoy their company every morning and afternoon when I see them jump off the bus.  Even though they are growing and making more decisions on their own (especially Jay) their innocence is still front and center.  I don't have the drama associated with the teenage years......yet.  I try to never take anything for granted but I'm human and I am guilty, at times, of doing just that.  My boys make me laugh everyday and not just the occasional chuckle but one of them can get a full blown belly laugh out of me everyday.  What a gift God has given me.  It's true what they say, "A mother holds her child's hand for awhile, their hearts forever."  I will treasure these sweet moments with them and with every season that changes I will hold dear the memories and look forward to watching them grow.

No comments: