Thursday, February 14, 2013

Shame, Shame, Shame on me

I feel like a dog walking around with my tail between my legs.  No sooner had I published my previous blog when Mike came home from work with the above shelving unit for my bathroom.  We have a "situation" in my house that has been on-going for 9 years.  My master bathroom is not finished.  We have a sink and toliet.  It really hasn't bothered me so much but the boys are getting older (and grosser) and to be honest I'm tired of sharing a bathroom with them.  The straw that broke the camel's back was last week when after breakfast Nick decided that instead of chewing and swallowing his sausage he would spit it into the bathroom sink.  When I discovered it several hours later it looked just like how you would picture it........dried sausage chunks!  It was in that moment my complaining to Mike - to get me out of the boys' bathroom - got a little louder.  I knew finishing our bathroom is not in the budget right now (see earlier blog about finishing our fireplace) but I wanted to do my hair, make up, etc...in our bathroom.  I was fine with showering in the boys' bathroom but I was tired of doing my hair and having them come in and poop......stinking up the bathroom something fierce.  So tonight my husband surprised me with this shelf.  All of my hair stuff, contacts, make up, etc....is now in its proper place.  Hallejah!  Trust me this was God's gentle nudge, reminding me that I am married to a good man. Mike's good like that.  I remember several years ago I mentioned to him how much I liked to read in bed but I didn't do it very often because I would have to get up after reading to shut the lights off.  Mike installed a switch with a remote so I didn't have to get out of bed anymore to shut the lights off.  He knew how much I love to read and I wasn't doing it because of something simple - so simple he knew it would take him 5 seconds to do. So turns out I did get spoiled on Valentine's Day.  Life is good..........

No comments: