Friday, February 8, 2013

Nick & his Nickness

It's that title again but what else can I possibly say when it comes to Nick?  Yesterday he and I were in the car listening to the radio.  The station we were listening to was having a St. Jude telethon so stories were being told.  Nick intently listened which I welcomed since he was being loud and obnoxious during the car ride.  You could have heard a pin drop as he was listening to the stories being told about the sick children.  After one of the stories Nick asked if I could rewind the story and I told him I couldn't do that since it was live radio.  He then asked me what a zucchini is.  I replied it was a vegetable.  His next question was, "So kids who get sick have to eat vegetables?"  Huh?  I told him that everyone should eat vegetables especially if you're sick.  Nick was silent for a moment and then said, "So kids with zucchini eat vegetables."  And then it clicked with me......leukemia!  I explained to him what leukemia was.  It was a cute moment and we were able to talk about St. Jude and it's importance. 
Today he announed to me that one day when he's a redneck dad (clearly the boy has been watching way too much Duck Dynasty) and his kids want one of those plastic/outdoor houses.  Nick said he would use his chainsaw and put more windows in the plastic house so his kids could have plenty of windows to look out of!  Too funny. 

No comments: