Monday, May 27, 2013

Cookie maker......I think not

Today is Memorial Day.  This weekend we didn't have any plans which I've discovered is good and bad.  Good in that we aren't on any schedule but bad when it rains all 3 days with nothing to do.  On Friday night Mike gets an idea to make chocolate chip cookies and lots of them.  I think we ended up with more than 75 dozen cookies plus we freezer packed 6 bags of dough!  Mike worked me like a slave.  He would make the dough and I was in charge of pulling trays and trays of cookies in and out of the oven.  We started at 7:00 and what I thought would be a nice bonding experience with my husband turned into my thumbs throbbing and me being extremely cranky by 10:00 p.m.  I spent a lot of time sampling the cookies when they came out of the oven but by 9:00 I was done with those cookies.  I couldn't even stand the smell of them.  Another interesting part of this story is you have to understand my personality and Mike's personality.  When Mike starts any task his attitude is always the same, if you're going to do something, do it 110% and go all the way - he does nothing half way.  Me on the other hand, have a good enough attitude - hence why I was ready to give up on the cookies after 2 hours.  It's probably a character flaw on my part but it's who I am.  Let me point out I do not have a good enough attitude towards parenting/my children.  I do give that part of my life 110% - maybe that's why I don't have enough energy to then give 110% towards making cookies.  Ha!  In any case our family now has enough cookies to last a year.  We packed them up in our freezer in bags that hold 2 dozen each so next time we feel like cookies we'll have to look no farther than our deep freeze! 

No comments: