Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The big iditarod race

 Remember the Alaska paper I blogged about a few weeks ago?  Well Jay finished it!  Hallejah!  And he got a 98% on it, even better.  All of the 5th graders (who finished their paper) got to participate in the iditarod wagon race today.  It was so fun!  School is so serious these days that it was nice to see the kids get excited and have fun with something educational.
                                                     Even cousin Lauren came for the fun.
 Here's Jay getting ready with the rest of his team for the big race.  Notice the musher sitting in the wagon.  Nick let the musher borrow his four wheeling helmet.

                                                Run Jay Run!  Lead your team to victory.
            Jay and two of the girls on his team.  Not the best picture of Jay but cute of the girls.
                                        Jay and Morgan.....neighborhood and school friends.
 The three amigos, Reece, Jay and Aaron, friends since 2nd grade and now onto middle school.
 I like this time of year.  The weather is usually awesome and there is no homework.  I had 5 boys congregate at my house tonight to have a water balloon fight!  Notice Nick trying to get the balloons on the hose.  These situations is really where Jay shines as an older brother.  Perhaps Nick will one day tell torture stories (that I'm not aware of) of all the times when Jay and his friends were mean to him but based on my observations I don't see it - but that certainly doesn't mean it doesn't happen.  Jay can be a sly little devil.  Most of the time Nick is just one of the boys. Okay, literally, as I'm writing this I can hear Nick screaming for me because the older boys are "killing" him with water balloons.  Go figure........
This picture makes me laugh too - mostly with Jay and Nick trying to figure out what the heck they are doing.

No comments: