Saturday, May 11, 2013

My birthday & Mother's Day

Yesterday was my 39th birthday.  It was uneventful which is just fine with me.  We've had quite a week.  Our dryer broke down as did our mower.  Our sump pump quit working which then lead to water in my office.  I have had de-humidifiers running non stop in my office which is quite a distraction.  Our roof is leaking which required a roofer to come out this week (you know it's bad when Mike is hiring someone).  Anyway you get the picture.  When Friday, my birthday, rolled around I was physically and mentally exhausted.  But the boys took me out for dinner last night and for my birthday and Mother's day gift they took me out to buy flowers this morning.  Nick so cute and helped me plant them all!  Nick made me a door hanger at school for Mother's day.  However, I noticed it said "Mom and Dad Rock" on the hanger........apparently it wasn't just for me for Mother's Day.  When Jay asked me what I wanted for my birthday I told him I'd appreciate it if he could just write me a letter.  Well he came through.  He said he had 5 minutes and 5 minutes only of time at school so he whipped out this letter:

"My mom is the best.  The reason I love her is because she let's me do everything I want.  My mom is important to me because she makes me the best breakfast ever.  My mom is also the best because she made my dream come true by getting me a dog named Copper.  In all my entire life my mom is the BEST!"

I truly appreciated his letter.  Thoughtfulness with Jay takes a little more effort and I mean that in the nicest way.  He is a work in progress but I appreciated he had asked me what I wanted and made the effort to come through for me.  Thanks Jay!

No comments: