Thursday, August 14, 2014

Best Summer EVER

School starts on Monday for the boys and while the last week has been a little challenging, this summer has been the best summer ever (since I started working from home).  The boys started XC and football on Aug. 4.  On Aug. 3 I pouted, complaining to Mike I didn't want the summer to end and how much I enjoyed the boys this season.  We had 8 weeks of no running around.  It was such a calm, peaceful summer and I got to watch Jay and Nick grow in their relationship.  We did not have a ton of kids in and out this summer so the boys spent a lot of time together.  But they also spent a lot of time apart.  I think that's why the summer was so successful.  It was a good balance of being together and being apart.  Prime example: the boys have been home all week together and they are bored.  They are fighting constantly but that's only been this past week.  In typical kid fashion because Jay is so "bored" this week he started to complain what a boring summer he's had overall - REALLY!  I shut him down immediately.  Nick judges the summer on how often the Ausili's came out and in his opinion they didn't come out enough.  Ha!  In all seriousness we spent time with family, the boys went to camps, Jay had his mission trip (which he loved), we took a trip to TN, Nick went to church camp and we spent a lot of time at the pool.  I feel like after working 4 summers from home I finally got it right this summer.  Now if only I could repeat it again next summer.  So until next summer...that totally bums me out to write that.  So sad to see the summer end.

No comments: