Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Elizabeth, the teacher whisperer

This summer I hired Elizabeth.  Elizabeth was actually with us last summer but only for the month of June.  She returned this summer for the entire summer and we LOVED her.  It was the most peaceful summer I've ever had since I started working from home and I owe most of that thanks to Elizabeth, who I affectionately refer to as my teacher whisperer.  She tutored Nick and he responded really well to her.  It was not unusual for me to come upstairs and see her and Nick (and sometimes both boys) engaged in a game and I would think, "Is this girl for real?"  She had a rule of no TV or electronics while the boys were with her.  She was like the piped piper who would lure my boys into complete submission.  Ha.  But in all seriousness she was kind and encouraging, just the medicine that Nick needed this summer. 

No comments: