Sunday, August 17, 2014

Our end of summer fish fry

 The boys spent A LOT of time fishing this summer.  It was the first summer where I let them go to the beach together but without Mike or I.  They would load their poles on their bikes and off they would go.  The boys and Mike proposed in June that they would catch a bunch of fish and then in August have a party and fry all the fish.  So, that's what we did.  The picture above is of my back yard.  We sent tents up because the weather was iffy all day but it turned out to be a great evening.  It was cool and no rain.  The kids had a ball and Mike fried a whole lot of fish.
 The kids love our trails.  Heck, I love our trails.  I would have loved something like this when I was a kid.  When it got dark the kids broke their glow sticks and the entire trail looked like something out of Star Wars. 

 Nick had to break out his Gillies suit, of coarse.  The pic below is of him and his friend, A.

 We got sparklers out and the kids loved it.  They don't last long but it was cheap, fun entertainment for 10 minutes.

Miss Lauren.


Mr. Luke.  School starts tomorrow and having this party was a great way to end the summer.  I really didn't want this summer to end.  It was one of the most relaxing summers.  I'm simply not ready for the schedules, routine and homework but all good things must come to and end.  I am ready to see what 7th and 3rd grade bring this year for the boys. 

No comments: