Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Time questions

Nick has this "thing" now where he continually asks me time questions.  He wants to know his daily schedule and then some - constantly!  I get that all kids like to know about their day and I'm fine with that.  But I've made it a rule with Nick (keep in mind, this is a recent/new rule that came from him asking me a million questions) that I don't answer any time/scheduling questions more than 24 hours out.  I tell him he can ask about the current day and into part of the next day but beyond that, I'm done.  He asks what time he goes to football, what days he has football, when were having our fish fry, when he's going to Nana's next, when school starts, what time school starts.  The questions are relentless!  Nick also seems to have a hard time understanding time in itself.  He doesn't understand that 2 weeks equates to 10 days.  If I go back in my memory I think Jay had a hard time with this too.  But Nick's time questions are exhausting me especially when he doesn't quite get when things are happening.  We sound like two old people.
Nick: Do we get our pads for football next Friday?
Me: No, you get them Aug. 18.
Nick: So we get them in 7 days?
Me: No, Nick!  You get them in like 2 weeks. 
Nick: So we get them sometime next week. 
Keep in mind I have processing issues so half the time I end up trying to calculate the time in my head and it just makes me tired and short off.  Finally, I tell Nick to pipe down, he'll get the freakin pads one of these days!  Hence why I made the new 24 hour time rule.  I'd say he might have a little OCD or anxiety but yeah, we just had him tested for all that and it was a negative.  It's just Nick being Nick.  I love him just the same but the time questions are making this momma a little tired.

No comments: