Sunday, August 24, 2014

A race, A Birthday & an evening with friends

 Our Saturday started off with Nick hitting the ground running - literally.  He participated in a kids triathlon.  He swam in the pool, biked a mile and finished with a 1 mile run.  It was crazy humid yesterday morning.  Jay was competing in his first XC race in another town.  I missed his race because I was with Nick.  According to Jay he did "terrible."  I doubt he did terrible but it was so HOT yesterday it made running any distance almost unbearable. 
I
My dad celebrated his 65th birthday yesterday.  My aunt, cousin and sister met at his nursing home and gave him presents and a cup cake. 


My dad and his sister.

I got the pleasure of hanging out with my mom and my two Karen friends on Saturday night.  I just love these girls.  We sat around KP's kitchen table and ate, laughed and had some sips of my all time favorite drink, cosmopolitans!  It was a really fun weekend.  Today I'll be catching up on some things around the house and getting ready for another busy week.

No comments: