Saturday, August 16, 2014

The first and final

 This week Jay had his final small group meeting with his small group leader, John.  John was amazing with this group of boys.  This week he's moving to Minnesota so the boys are losing a great leader.  The group of boys should be able to stay together this upcoming school year but under the direction of another leader. 
 The boys coming together for their last time of prayer together.  Love seeing this. 
 And now for the first.  Last night the boys and I ran a 5K.  Well the boys ran the 5K, I walked it.  We had SO much fun!!!  It was so much fun that I would like to be able to run it with the boys or at least run half of it.  Jay ran it in 27 minutes and Nick did it in 31 minutes.  I was especially proud of Nick.  It was his first 5K.  He even fell and scraped up his upper thigh and never said a word to anyone.  Mike and I discovered the huge scrape this morning.  Nick shrugged it off.  It's just like Nick.  That boy is tough as nails. 

 My dear friend, Laura coordinates running club.  She is AWESOME at it.  I tell her all the time she has a gift for it.  She's so encouraging and kind to the kids.  Last night she gave out awards and medals. 

No comments: