Saturday, September 13, 2014

A really good day

 This day was so wonderful for so many reasons.  The weather was beautiful.  I got to see my family; my mom, my niece, my aunt and the Ausili's - seriously seeing all these people in one day is one fabulous day indeed.  Then Jay had the best XC meet he's ever had and he needed it so badly!  He ran 2 miles in 14.37, his best time ever.  This really boosted his confidence & proved to him he could do it.  I felt like Steve Martin in Parenthood.  Remember during the entire movie his son was mediocre at baseball until the end.  If my memory serves me correctly his son finally caught a ball and saved the game.  Steve Martin practically danced across the field!  I practically danced across the course!  XC isn't so much about coming in first - although some people may disagree with me.  XC is more about your own personal best and Jay felt like his personal best really stunk lately.  Just this week he had a conversation with me about quitting the team (which is unacceptable).  It was such a boost for him to know he had it in him, it's just been in hiding for several weeks. 
 My rockin aunt came to watch Jay run!  It was so nice to see her and spend time with her today.
 My sweet sister and Lauren came too.  She joked that Jay did so well today because he had aunt power there.  He wouldn't give her the credit (ha) but I think she may be on to something.
 And here's the runner!  Way to go, Jay.  I'm really, really proud of you!  Keep at it!!


 Seriously can this picture be any cuter?  Where Jay had an awesome day sports wise, Nick did not.  His team got smoked, 27-0.  But he got a hug from Faith afterwards which made everything better - hence the picture below.  Nick's team might have gotten beat (badly) but he got an upper from his other siblings!  And that's pretty much what Faith and Curtis are to him, an extension of his family.  Love them. 

No comments: