Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Third grade bliss

I write this blog with hesitation.  I don't want to jinx the great start Nick has had to his third grade year but I am also very thankful for the blessing of a seamless transition.  First and second grade were challenging - each challenge with each grade were different but difficult just the same.  Now that we're through almost 6 weeks of school Nick is happy and it does this momma's heart to see my energetic, happy and know it all (however annoying this trait may be, it's part of Nick's personality) 8 year old boy back.  We lost Nick in about February of last year and didn't see him come back until about July.  I'm happy to report things are still Nick with all his Nickness!  His confidence is returning, he's making friends and is asking to have friends over.  Nick hasn't asked to have friends over since before last Christmas.  He has a dynamite teacher, he's playing football and perhaps just having another year of maturity under his belt has helped.  Lord knows I've spent lots of time on my knees praying for my boy.  Thank you, Jesus!

No comments: