Sunday, September 7, 2014

Our weekend

 Nick had his first tackle football game on Saturday.  He's # 55, off to the right in both of these pictures.  Mike and I are enjoying watching Nick play.  He really gets into the game and loves playing. 


On Sunday we went to church and discovered Curtis was wearing his "Welcome Home Haiti" shirt like Jay and Nick so of course I had to use it as a photo op.  I LOVE going to church on Sunday mornings but getting there is a whole different story.  We have a 35 minute drive to church one way which is challenging.  We don't have a lot of time on Sunday mornings to "relax."  This morning I found myself picking up dog poop in the basement, getting a lecture from my husband (God love him) about how I schedule too much into one day, having the boys sound like a herd of buffalo while getting ready, then having Mike discover our closet doors aren't shutting properly (this on top of our mower not working, our yard needing excavation work and our A/C breaking).  Once we all jammed ourselves into my clown car (We drive it because it's good on gas) and start driving Mike discovered he left his phone at home so we race back to home.  Somehow we made it to church on time and with time to spare so Mike could get a soda - a much needed soda at that.  But as always I'm so glad I went to church.  It is the best way to start my very busy week. 

No comments: