Monday, September 1, 2014

Labor Day weekend

Our labor day weekend was uneventful.  Mike went to TN with Ausili for a much deserved guys weekend.  We had no sporting events this weekend which was good and bad; bad only because Nick got a little bored but good because I didn't have to juggle the boys to where they needed to go without Mike.  On Friday Jay went to the high school football game.  That story is a funny one.  I'm in the thick of raising a middle schooler.  On Friday night I picked Jay up from XC.  I was on the phone trying to arrange transportation for him for the game (which by the way the game situation only came about that afternoon, heaven forbid we plan anything in advance).  While I was on the phone, Jay comes out covered in mud from practice.  Meanwhile the school marching band starts playing in the background therefore my telephone conversation was officially over.  Nick's medication had clearly worn off and he was running around like a Mexican jumping bean.  Jay gets himself cleaned up, I track down another girl I'm giving a ride home to and we were off.  I get home to my very HOT house because our A/C is broke.  My mom is waiting for me with pizza.  She watches Nick while Jay showers and I run him back to the school.  Whew, what a night.  On Saturday, Jenny and the kids came out (hence picture above).  On Sunday we took the kids to the pool and on Monday I tried to relax and I use that term lightly.  What a weekend. 

No comments: