Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Life it's what's for dinner

My blog title might be a bit corny but I was trying to be creative.  So I may have failed miserably.  Mike and I are sure living life these days.  I like to think that our life isn't all that different from most families.  Don't get me wrong, I'm extraordinary blessed.  I have a loving husband, a good job and two healthy kids.  Life in general has a way of making things real for you - just in case you thought things were going "just right" in your life.  For example, our roof is leaking (still), our yard is filled with unopened but torn mulch bags (since May), our dishwasher burned out last night, we have a middle schooler who is going through puberty (more on that later) and a 3rd grader who has another bout of poison ivy.  We also have two dogs who not always but sometimes get up in the middle of the night and puke up grass all over the carpet (COLE!!!).  I try to keep all of this in perspective.  These issues may be annoying but this is real life.  I know a woman in our community whose husband is 32 years old and he's literally in a fight for his life.  I thought of her last night as I stood over my burned out (and smelly) dishwasher.  Mike was laughing about it (good for him) but I was mad that we had to yet throw more money into an appliance.  It is another inconvenience for us and then it hit me and I asked myself, "Is this something she would get upset about?"  I knew the answer in an instant, NO!  I'm sure this woman doesn't sweat the small stuff and a burned out dishwasher is just that, the small stuff, after all, it's life! 

No comments: