Saturday, September 27, 2014

Our week

 This week was busy, as usual.  The weather cooperated and one day after school I took Nick and a friend to a pumpkin farm.  The two of them had a ball.  We were there for two hours and we could have easily stayed three.  The boys loved it!
A lounge chair at a pumpkin farm, who would have thunk it?
                                          
 Doesn't this picture say it all?  Can't you tell exactly what Jay and Van are thinking?  Jay and Van have been friends since their early days at Kelson Kids; when Jay was 3 and Van was 2.  Van is in 6th grade and running XC this year.  I have truly loved every second I've spent with her this season.  Laura and I take turns picking Jay and Van up from XC and I just love her.  One day after I dropped Van off I told Jay that Van has the kind of character he needs to look for in a wife.  Jay's eyes got big and he said, "You want me to marry Savanah!"  As much as I would love that I doubt that will happen.  My point was Van's content of character is stellar!  A true mark of a Christian girl who loves Jesus and loves others.
 Two of my favorite boys!  My sister braved the heat (seriously it was hot for the end of September) and came to Jay's meet today.  Luke played football with Nick.  Pretty soon we'll be going to Luke's football games. 
Hugs from cousin Luke.  As I blog it's about 3:30 on Saturday afternoon and I'm spent.  My lips are chapped, my face is burnt and I smell.  I was at school at 7:30 this morning and just got home.  These are the days of my life and I wouldn't trade them. 

No comments: