Thursday, March 18, 2010

A day with Nick

I volunteered in Nick's Pre-k class this morning. Since I know I'll forget someday I would like to start off this blog by saying the school year of 2009/2010 will certainly leave it's mark on my heart for me. Nick has a wonderful preschool teacher and Jay's experience in second grade has been phenomenal. I had Nick's conference this week with Mrs. Brutlag. When I asked Nick what Mrs. Brutlag would say about him he hesitated and then told me I should talk to Mrs. Melick instead! I've blogged about Mrs. Melick before and her and Nick have a bond - Ha! Mrs. Brutlag had a lot of nice things to say about Nick but he does have a spitting issue which as one can imagine, is annoying to the other children. Today, a little girl named Lauren told Nick that she was going to invite him to her birthday party and she asked him if he would come. Nick replied that he would come but Lauren was quick to point out a stipuation. She told him he had to promise not to spit because her parents had new furniture. Nick put up his hands (as only Nick can) and said, "I won't do it, Wo-ren, I won't!" I just had to laugh and shake my head. The picture above is of Nick at breakfast. Since it was his day he requested pancakes, eggs and sausage.

Nick and I spent the afternoon at the park. He convinced me to go down the "scary" slide with him. All I can say is it's a good thing I had my kids young because dang, I'm exhausted tonight from all the "scary" slide rides.



1 comment:

The Stille's said...

could he be any cuter!!