Thursday, March 25, 2010

We have a game player

I come from a family that loves to play games, especially cards. However, I was always the "black sheep" game player, in other words, I hated playing games growing up. Going into adulthood, nothing has changed. Fortunately, I married a non-game player and we live in our non-game playing house and do just fine. When we go to my extended family functions and they all huddle together after the meal to play cards, Mike and I go to a corner and point fingers at them and make fun of them (just kidding). Needless to say, my mom and sister have always been disappointed in my lack of a game-playing. As it turns out, Jay is just like Mike and I, he prefers not to play games. He is highly competitive and my mom quickly found out that playing games with Jay was a "work in progress," but bless her heart, she kept at it. Jay still doesn't like to play games but when he does play, you have to watch him, he likes to cheat.
The tables have officially turned in the Siebert house. Nick LOVES playing games. My mom and sister finally got their wish! This week I've spent time playing Sound Bingo, Hi Ho Cheerio and Leap Frog. Thanks to my sister, god love her, there are games all over my house and Nick looks for anything he can get his hands on and begs us to play with him. Jay and I have played countless games of Hi Ho Cheerio. Nick has tried to enlist Mike but thus far, Mike hasn't had the pleasure. As a mother I'm happy to participate in something that brings my children joy but I won't lie, it would be a stretch to say I've been converted to being an active and happy game player.

2 comments:

The Stille's said...

Thats my boy Nick....can't wait to come out and play games with you

Christy said...

I love it Nick! I agree that playing games is awesome!